The Migaku Kanji addon

                               

Remembering the Kanji in my opinion is an indispensable resource for getting started with Japanese. However it is by no means comprehensive. I have come across a fair number of kanji which RTK does not cover. In order to learn these characters I resorted to visualising the stroke order repeatedly. I would choose one or two kanji per day and continue to visualise their stroke order at regular intervals throughout the day.


The Migaku Kanji add-on helped me to streamline this process. The Migaku Kanji add-on is a powerful kanji learning tool that pairs well with the Migaku-Japanese and Migaku dictionary add-ons. The following video explains how to set it up.





The majority of the cards I create with this add-on are recognition cards.


                                                                 Migaku Kanji front


                                                          Migaku Kanji back 


Upon seeing the front of a card, I visualise the stroke order and check the back of the card to see if I got it correct. In my experience, being able to write kanji from memory,. although a useful skill, is not absolutely necessary to develop reading comprehension.


In the next post I will cover some experimental techniques that I have been using to memorise vocabulary and kanji readings. I will also briefly talk about my methodology for sentence mining.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sentence Mining

Remembering the Kanji